Having a friendly, experienced dentist you can trust for all of your family’s dental needs is great. Whether you’re in need of cosmetic dentistry procedures, routine oral hygiene, or more advanced dental work, Hudson Family Dental is here to help. And as one of the top family dentists in Las Vegas, Dr. Sascha Hudson fields questions from patients on a daily basis.
Here are some frequently asked questions we hear around the office, as well as some little known facts about dental health, with answers from our dental professionals.
- How many people are affected by periodontal disease? — Periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, isextremely common. It affects nearly half — 47% to be exact — of the entire U.S. over-30 population.
- What is the most common dental health problem seen by family dentists? — Almost everyone will suffer from tooth decay, aka, cavities, at some point in their life. Fully 92% of adults have had cavities, and 26% have untreated cavities right now. Compared to other common medical issues, tooth decay is actually five times more common than childhood asthma and 20 times more common than diabetes.
- How many people have tooth replacements? — Roughly 15 million people in the U.S. have crown and bridge replacements for their missing teeth, while 15% of the entire edentulous population has new dentures made each year.
- Why is family dentistry so important? — Aside from the health and hygiene benefits, regular trips to the dentist can improve a person’s overall appearance and well being. About 96% of people think an attractive smile makes them more appealing to potential romantic partners. Yet roughly 18% of people admit to hiding their own teeth while posing for photos. Today, simple cosmetic dental procedures help can improve anyone’s smile.
- How often do children get cavities? — Kids love chocolate and candy and pretty much anything that will give them a sugar high, and as a result they are very prone to dental issues. By the time children even reach kindergarten, more than 40% of kids have cavities.
- Will child dental issues cause other health problems? — Yes, children with bad teeth and oral issues are roughly three times more likely to miss school because of a toothache or dental related pain, according to theNational Children’s Oral Health Foundation.
- Does periodontal disease increase with age? — Yes, gum disease and general oral issues tend to increase as a person grows older. Wholly 70.1% of adults 65 years and older currently gave gum disease.
- How often do people wait before visiting their dentist? — Although it’s recommended to go much more often, on average, people wait about three years before their next dental appointment.
- What is the most common restorative dental procedure? — The most common restorative procedure is the single crown. There are approximately 2.3 million implant-supported crowns created every year.
Have more questions about your family’s dental health? If you’re looking for a new family dentist in Las Vegas, contact Hudson Family Dental to schedule your first appointment.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.