Not everyone thinks that going to the dentist is a great way to spend the last day of summer vacation, but few would argue that it is important to make and keep regularly scheduled visits to the family dentist. General dentistry appointments, for instance, are a great part of a regular health plan that many parents practice when it comes to their school age children. The hope, of course, is that the these early habits of going to the dentist will turn into a life time of great dental health.
You probably do not need any research to prove to you how important a healthy smile is, but 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex. And even if you are not considered about getting a date for the weekend, you likely understand that a confident smile can get you places. At work. In school. And in your future. In fact, more than 50% of the adult U.S. population over age 50 who were surveyed agreed that a smile is the one physical feature that stays the most attractive as we age, according to a survey by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
Cosmetic Dentistry Continues to Offer a Number of Highly Sought After Services
In spite of the best efforts of many parents across the country, as many as 47.2% of adults aged 30 years and older have some form of periodontal disease. This is a condition that can cause an unhealthy bite, an embarrassing smile, and even bigger problems. Making the decision to get the proper regular care that is needed, in addition to the cosmetic care that is available, however, can help you look your best.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the importance of regular dental care and the benefits of cosmetic dentist appointmentsL
- Discolored teeth, misaligned teeth, gaps between teeth, and chipped or broken teeth are just four examples of issues that veneers can fix.
- Because there is usually only enough room in the mouth for 28 teeth, it is not uncommon for adults to have their wisdom teeth removed.
- unfortunately, as many as 32% of people indicate that they are concerned by the look of their teeth.
- Lasting as long as 10 to 15 years, traditional porcelain veneers cost between $925 and $2,500 per tooth.
- 20% of the population does not have an ideal bite.
Teaching your children that going to the dentist is an important part of taking care of themselves is an important task of being a parent. From looking great to feeling more confident to avoiding problems later in life, regular dental visits provide a number of lifelong benefits.