The demand for perfect smiles has led orthodontists to come up with brilliant and innovative treatments for a variety of dental complications; one of these treatments is Invisalign. Invisalign is a teeth rectification treatment that has recently seen a surge of popularity in the United States. This post will explore what Invisalign is and why it could be the best option for dental rectification.
What Is Invisalign?According to the American Orthodontists Association, over 4 million Americans have braces for teeth rectification, with a good chunk of these braces being Invisalign. Invisalign is a treatment option that helps straighten teeth just like braces. Unlike braces, however, Invisalign is clear, compact, and can be removed at will, which gives it a clear edge over braces. Some orthodontists and dentists may refer to Invisalign as clear braces or clear aligners, but the terms can be used interchangeably.
Why Invisalign?Teeth misalignment is easily one of the worst dental complications anyone could have, but fortunately, orthodontics can treat this condition easily. If you need your teeth rectified, Invisalign could be your best bet because of its overwhelming benefits and effectiveness in treatment. Here are a few reasons why you should settle for Invisalign.
1. Works as Well as BracesWhen it comes to teeth alignment, Invisalign works just as well as your standard braces and sometimes works even better. So if you have an overbite, underbite, gapped teeth and overcrowding, you can always rely on Invisalign to get them fixed. Over time, the dentist will fit you with various sizes of Invisalign that adjusts your teeth according to your progress until your treatment terminates.
2. Visually UnintrusiveInvisalign is clear and not easy to notice on teeth unless you’re very keen, hence the name Invisalign. This feature makes it less visually intrusive and decreases your self-consciousness. That explains why most people prefer Invisalign over braces: because they’re barely noticeable.
3. AestheticsInvisalign won’t cover your pearly whites, so you can still show off your gleaming teeth without anything blocking their shine. That makes it a great option for anyone conscious about their looks, or anyone looking to make a statement even with braces on.
4. Treatment Takes a Relatively Short TimeInvisalign treatment could take as little as 12 months and does not exceed 24 months; it all depends on how misaligned your teeth are. You also don’t have to visit your dentist all the time. Most visits spread out a month and a half away from each other. What’s more, you don’t have to go through any surgical procedure; all you have to do is get a new set of Invisalign after the current ones have done their work.
5. You Can Eat Anything You WantThough it’s not recommended, you can still eat whatever you want if you have clear braces on. You don’t have the normal restrictions usually associated with conventional braces so you don’t have to worry about whether you can eat popcorn, apples and, yes, even candy.
6. Good Dental Habits Are MaintainedA follow up to the previous point, with Invisalign, you can maintain good dental habits that your dentist will surely appreciate. Since Invisalign is removable, you can pop them out, brush or floss your teeth, then pop them back in, and you’re good to go. With regular cleaning, you don’t have to worry about plaque build-up, bad breath, or tooth decay after you’ve gobbled down whatever you can.
7. Easy to InstallThere are no surgical procedures required to put Invisalign in place. In orthodontics, orthodontists will do some tests and prescribe a size for your initial treatment, then pop some clear braces on your teeth, and you’re set.
Get Invisalign NowIf you’re sold on orthodontics and use of Invisalign, then you can visit your orthodontist and find out whether this treatment is a viable option for you. You should also note that the Invisalign cost will vary from place to place so you should strive to find a good deal.
Trackback from your site.